Daryl Stuermer Master Class & Lecture Series
Virtuoso lead guitarist Daryl Stuermer of the super-group Genesis and Phil Collins has been touring the world to sold-out crowds since 1978, creating the signature guitar sound of the Phil Collins mega hits “In the Air Tonight” and “Easy Lover.”
As co-writer of the Phil Collins 1989 Grammy Award Winning, Billboard No. 4 single “Something Happened on the Way to Heaven,” Stuermer continues to write music for his eight solo albums of original music and cover his favorite Genesis vocals and instrumentals along the way. Visit www.DarylStuermer.com for photos, video and more information.
Stories from the Road – Touring with Phil Collins, Genesis and Jean-Luc Ponty (1-Hour)
Equipment – (2) microphones on boom stands, LCD projector, laptop computer, wireless remote (for PowerPoint), screen, (2) tall bar stool without arms, PA and monitors, guitar amp, power strip
- World tours dating back to 1975 to the present.
- Royal & special performances
- Performing @ Prince Charles 40th birthday party (Buckingham Palace)
- Performing @ Phil Collins 50th birthday party in Zermatt, Switzerland
- Meeting sports figures, movie stars, politicians, rock stars – i.e. Princess Diana, Al Gore, John McEnroe, Tom Hanks, and many more…etc.
- Taking families on the road
- Tour photos
- Q & A
How Daryl Stuermer’s Music Career Began (1-Hour)
Equipment –(2) microphones on boom stands, power strip, LCD projector, laptop computer, wireless remote (for PowerPoint), screen, (2) tall bar stool without arms, PA and monitors, guitar amp (per back line request)
- First instrument, first band, guitar influences…etc.
- Early days working in nightclubs & bars.
- Auditioning w/Jean-Luc Ponty, Gino Vannelli, & Genesis
- Touring the world before computers – mid 70’s thru 80’s
- Song writing & co-writing with Phil Collins
- Early photos
Presentation # 3
Guitar Demonstration & How Recording Has Changed Over the Years (1- Hour)
Equipment – (2) microphones on boom stands, guitar amp (per back line request), power strip, (2) tall bar stool without arms, PA and monitors
- A general demonstration of how sounds are created on guitars.
- Popular guitar licks & riffs – i.e. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, George Harison…etc.
- The making of an album – from Jean-Luc Ponty to Phil Collins
- How recording and the recording industry has changed.
- Q & A
Presentation # 4
The First Final Farwell Tour (1 Hour)
Equipment – (2) microphones on boom stands, LCD projector, DVD player with remote control, screen, (2) tall bar stool without arms, PA and monitors, guitar amp (per back line request), power strip
- Discussing and viewing highlights of the Phil Collins 2004 “First Final Farwell Tour and Documentary” and Genesis 2007 “When in Rome” DVD.
- Q & A
Daryl Stuermer Performance
Equipment – microphone on boom stand, guitar amp (per back line request), power strip, tall bar stool without arms, PA and monitors
- 75-90 minute performance of original songs and Genesis songs where Daryl plays along with backing tracks on his computer.
- Q & A with the audience
Accommodations, meals, all classes and transportation for Daryl and Michaela Stuermer must be provided.
Electric Guitar Amplifiers
One (1) amplifier is required. Listed in order of preference:
1- Fender Hot Rod Deville 212 III
1- Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
1- Fender Super-Sonic Twin Combo
1- Fender Super-Sonic 60 Combo